The most authoritative source of news and intuition-based reporting for the Buenos Aires Expat Community.

Saturday, December 5, 2009

Ask Southpat: Cheating Boyfriend

Dear Southpat:

I just found out my Argentine boyfriend is cheating on me. I know I should dump him, but I love him. What should I do?

Sincerely,

Joy


Dear Joy:

You have just moved from the "hoar" category to the "madonna" category. Congratulations! You're a keeper!

It's not that your boyfriend doesn't love you. It's that he loves you so much, he has started to think of you as the mother of his children, the one who will provide a comforting and stable home, leaving him to seek his thrills elsewhere. You have two choices:

1. If you want to be wife and mother, then embrace your power. Take his paycheck, set up house the way you want it, and tell him if he ever cheats on you, it's over. Of course, he will still cheat on you- but at least he will be more careful so you won't find out. And if he's a good provider, then don't complain. Life could be worse.

2. If you want to be the party-girl, then you better lose a few pounds, get a boob job, and start doing your Kegel exercises. Every year your competition is that much younger.

Either way, this isn't going to be your Hollywood romantic comedy, soul-mate, love affair. It's complicated, it's dysfunctional, it's... Argentine. It's partitioned differently than North American relationships. You are not his best friend. You're his girlfriend. Here, there's a difference.

I didn't make the rules, honey. I just report them. Good luck.

-Sue

3 comments:

  1. here's a better way to spy on your cheating boyfriend/husband :

    http://pinoysecurity.blogspot.com/2009/12/basic-hacking-part-1.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tired of getting "it wasn't me as an answer" from your boyfriend all time? Do you really wanna know what your boyfriend do when he is not at home? Do you really need some evidence before you could walk away? or don't you trust him again?

    If you are having one of this question in you head right now, I advice you not to worry cos i got the solution to it right here. I am an online phone Cracker from USA. And below is what i can do for you:

    1) Tracking your boyfriend current location.
    2) Getting his current phone pass-code
    3) Retrieving his deleted sent and received messages for you.
    4) Retrieving of all his dialed, missed and received calls just for you
    5) Connecting you directly to his phone activities without his notice.

    All these i do them online with 99% guarantee accurate but depending on the information i do provide for me.

    Just give it a try today. i am available 24 hours holla me at phonecracker@rediffmail.com and the truth will sort itself out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi I think you need to make a vacation tour for refresh yourself. You can take a vacation package tour from For allover Argentina or Argentina to Brasil. For this I hope http://blog.solopaquetes.com will be helpful to you. hope you will be set your mind to make a vacation.

    ReplyDelete